Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1k SXP aggregation routing setup

hpretori
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

ASR1k SXP aggregation routing and interface with VRF setup for SXP usage (and Loopback addressing)

SXP version 4 will be used. There is an ASA which forces us to use SXP v2 also. The thinking was to make use of a VRF on the ASR1k SXP aggregation routers (we have 4) to accommodate SXP version 2.

So access switches will use v4 to talk to ASR1k-A (global routing table) and then the ASA will use v2 to “speak”/announce to a VRF on ASR1k-A.

Questions are:

1. Can we use a loopback address for SXP connections? Or does it have to be a physical interface?
  2. If Loopback is ok, can we create two loopbacks, one for VRF and bind it to VRF, the other bound to the default?
  3. With the above (a and b) then use physical connections to dual home the router. Not sure of this setup and the benefit.
  4. Can we configure the ASR1k SXP aggregation router using the SXP v2 (i.e. the VRF) to make a speaker connection to the default routing instance with SXP v4? Or perhaps to another physical ASR1k SXP aggregation router? Thereby eliminating any v2 loops? Please let me know any feasible suggestions and the related setup to eliminate v2 loops. (The ASR’s have to announce back to the ASA in this setup).

regards

Henk

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Henk,

Your inquiry on SXP and ASR1K is in the realm of TrustSec. I will re-post it to our internal TrustSec alias.

Regards.