Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I mix & match appliance types in a Cisco ISE (>=2.4) distributed deployment

silla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who is migrating his virtual machines from vmware to kvm; is it possible to have a distributed ISE deployment with one vmware appliance and one kvm appliance?

Thanks!

Best regards

Silla Rizzoli

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it doesn't matter to ISE.  You can mix virtual appliances with physical as well.  The only thing that I would try to do is keep the same number of resources on each of the Admin/MnT nodes.  For example, don't use large appliance specs on the primary and small appliance specs on the secondary.  It isn't necessarily a requirement but just something that I would try to do so that performance is consistent during failovers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, it doesn't matter to ISE.  You can mix virtual appliances with physical as well.  The only thing that I would try to do is keep the same number of resources on each of the Admin/MnT nodes.  For example, don't use large appliance specs on the primary and small appliance specs on the secondary.  It isn't necessarily a requirement but just something that I would try to do so that performance is consistent during failovers.

Thank you Colby!