Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - configure "Account valid for" in guest portal

rafaelteran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am configuring a guest portal in ISE version 2.2. I need to create guest accounts with different duration in days (from 1 day to 5 days), but as far as I know the option "account valid for" inside the self-registered guest is set with just one value for all the users registering in that portal.

Can I use some kind of variable in the registration form so the user can set by his own the period of time for the validity?

Thanks and regards

Rafael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

walwar
Level 1
Level 1

As far as my test, users are not allowed to do that. You can change the duration from 1 days up to 5 if you want by going to Work Centers -> Portal & Components -> Guest Portals -> Click Self-Registered Guest Portal (default) then Portal Page Customization -> Registration Form and change from Preview to Settings in your right, there you can change the duration of the guest user account but that will be for all guest users.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

walwar
Level 1
Level 1

As far as my test, users are not allowed to do that. You can change the duration from 1 days up to 5 if you want by going to Work Centers -> Portal & Components -> Guest Portals -> Click Self-Registered Guest Portal (default) then Portal Page Customization -> Registration Form and change from Preview to Settings in your right, there you can change the duration of the guest user account but that will be for all guest users.

Thank you, that is what I tested as well. I have found a better solution for my environment: set the default Guest access to 1 day and then allow the Sponsor to increase the duration up to 5 days. This is on demand and from the Sponsor Portal

It'll be the same in my environment. Guest users wont be allowed more than 1 day for wired and it is the same for wireless. If they need more they have to request it and I don't use sponsor portal either.

Have you deployed it into production? I am using ISE in my lab and today I started to test for some users and only wired do1x and mab and they work like charm of course after i grew 50 new grey hair ;-).

Next step for me is to move non-domain machines to a vlan that is only limited to brows the internet, nothing more, but this seems to be pain to achieve.