Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Dot1x Live Log and Repond Problem

AhmedMenzoor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am using Cisco ISE 2.3 with this patch (ise-patchbundle-2.3.0.298-Patch1-221230.SPA.x86_64.tar) in My lab for Dot1x Authentication , every things is ok but sometimes users can not login to network and on the switch side i see failed authentication and on the radius live log does not see any new log while this user account and policy set on ISE are ok , after manually stop and start ise application services every things are ok , i used AD for user accounts Data base. another things i should say is in problem time if i chek radius connectivity with NAD via test aaa group .... the authentication is Pass and i can its log on radius live log,can any one help me?

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi Ahmed

Looking at your patch1 version number, it looks like you have the "old patch 1" that Cisco subsequently removed from the CCO Download page.  They replaced it with ise-patchbundle-2.3.0.298-Patch1-221754.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz.  Not sure if that is your problem.  The New Release Notes state

Note We have recalled ISE 2.3 patch 1 due to an issue we found after posting. An updated patch file has been reposted, and the new file name is ise-patchbundle-2.3.0.298-Patch1-221754.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz. If you already installed the previously posted patch, you MUST uninstall that patch, and install the new one.

Thanks Man. i remove patch and change it to ise-patchbundle-2.3.0.298-Patch1-221754.SPA.x86_64.tar, i will test again and advise you as soon as possible.

michael.mariani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ahmed

I experience the same problem.

I see failed Dot1x Auths on the Switch-Side, but I don't see any entries on the ISE-Live-Logs - they won't appear.

I run ISE 2.3 Patch 2.

I will upgrade ISE to 2.4 to look if the Problem is still there.

Did you fix the problem?

Best Regards

Michael