cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SMTP messages sent from which node

Config T
Level 1
Level 1

When you configure ISE with an SMTP server, which node are the alarm emails sent from? The MnT, PAN or PSN?

How about for Guest related emails, would it be the same node as the alarms?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SMTP mail can come from a PAN, Mnt or PSN node, depending on the function or feature invoking an email.

Guest related email most commonly comes from the PSN although Guest expiry notices (when configured) would come from the PAN.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide20/Cisco_SNS_3400_Series_Appliance_Ports_Reference.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SMTP mail can come from a PAN, Mnt or PSN node, depending on the function or feature invoking an email.

Guest related email most commonly comes from the PSN although Guest expiry notices (when configured) would come from the PAN.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide20/Cisco_SNS_3400_Series_Appliance_Ports_Reference.html

Hi Marvin,

Is there any kind of list which email notifications get send from which node? I have never found this anywhere but I often have customers asking exactly about this. This would really help!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thanks Jason,

I know the port reference overview. What I am looking for is something like a mapping between Node/Persona and the different type of emails that are send out by ISE:

- Guest Account expiry notification -> PAN

- Email Alarms -> ???

- Sponsor email notification -> PSN?

- Internal user password expiry notification -> ???

Several customer of mine have been asking for this and I am sure I am not the only one...

Thanks,

Jonathan

Guest expiry —> P-PAN
Alams —> Active MnT
Sponsor and guest notifications from guest/sponsor portal —> PSN
password expiry —> P-PAN