cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Username and Password

ryanmbess
Level 1
Level 1

During the install of Cisco ISE you are prompted for a username / password.  This account then appears to be the account you can use to SSH into ISE AND Web Auth to ISE.  My question is are these two seperate accounts that just happen to have the same username/password ONLY at time of creation?  Meaning, I can change the account password within SSH and that would have no impact on the account used to log into ISE via HTTPS.  

4 Replies 4

@ryanmbess the ISE Admin accounts for GUI and CLI are separate accounts, the passwords are synced during setup.

You can change the CLI Admin password, enter the command password

And to change the GUI Admin password, the command is application reset-passwd ise admin newpassword

Can you point me to any documentation?   Can these accounts be subject to different password requirements?

stephenJackson2
Level 1
Level 1

For any that are having issues logging into the GUI of an AWS deployed ISE instance, the username is not 'admin' but 'iseadmin'.  When deploying with the CFT the parameters define the default username as such.  I'm unsure why this is, in the parameters it clearly states "username=admin" but when viewing the password ParameterKey it shows "Enter a password for the username \"iseadmin\".