Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Phone number validation check

pangadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts,

I would like to know if there is a way to disable phone number validation check on the sponsor portal. My customer also creates guest accounts through REST API, would it be possible to remove the validation check when guest accounts are created via REST API ?

Below is the error message he receives. He understands that if we get rid of the spaces between the numbers it works. But he would like to get rid of the validation check instead.

Phone_Validation.jpg

Thanks

Priyanka

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will research this but i don't think this is currently possible. Can you explain more why this is needed?

For now they could disable the phone number and use another field instead perhaps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will research this but i don't think this is currently possible. Can you explain more why this is needed?

For now they could disable the phone number and use another field instead perhaps?

I got some more information from the development engineer and they stated what I thought

There is no straight way to do it except disabling check in the server code. I am not sure whether customer have observed or not “it allows one space but not two spaces”. If customer is fine, they can use single space rather than two. REST API throws error as well

pangadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Thanks for helping out on this query. Is it true that we are unable to make any changes to the regex check then ? Are we able to customize the regex string to suit customer's requirement ?

Thanks

Priyanka

You cannot change it because its built into the code. I would request you work through development through an enhancement. If its not taking valid numbers than open a defect

Otherwise customer could perhaps use a custom field to do this and write their own regex using JavaScript perhaps, this of course wouldn’t be able to use texting if needed