cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does doing a CoA from live sessions require a plus license?

ciscosteve84
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My lab isn't up to test this.  I have a customer that wants to do a CoA when they change an endpoint from one static endpoint group to another static endpoint group.  The profiler service could do this automatically but they don't have a plus license to use this functionality.  Could they change the static endpoint group and then call the CoA from live sessions with a base license only to receive the same result?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

Arne is correct.  CoA is a basic function.   Note that not all features are UI restricted based on license, but in this case, it is a Base license function.

Thank you for the confirmation!  Much appreciated.