Views
Helpful
Replies

Easier approval of guest accounts

Istvan Segyik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Colleagues,

A customer of us is testing ISE and complaining about the complicated sponsor approval process.

They are to use guest self registration with sponsor approval and sponsor email notification.

Their problem is that: the email to the sponsor includes a simple URL to the sponsor portal only so they have to click, authenticate, look for not yet approved accounts and approve.

The questions are:

Could it be: 'One click approval'? Like the sponsor email had a custom URL that points to a certain pending guest account and has a token or something for quick authentication?

Any such roadmap item?

Alternatively: could the Guest REST API be used to query unapproved accounts and approve them over REST?

Your timely response would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Istvan

Istvan Segyik

Escalations Engineer, Security

CCIE Security #47531

Global Virtual Engineering

WW Partner Organization

Cisco Systems, Inc

Email: isegyik@cisco.com

Work: +36 1 2254604

Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-17:30 pm - UTC+2 (CEST)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work internally to discuss roadmap on this feature.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please work internally to discuss roadmap on this feature.

Istvan Segyik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your prompt response to this request.

Can you comment the REST API option in here. Unfortunately the Guest REST API guide doesn't offer enough clarity on it. E.g. I can't figure out if we can use the REST API to approve an unapproved account.

Could it be possible to build a custom application using REST to implement it temporarily?

Best regards,

Istvan

Perhaps, will need to investigate. I sent you roadmap info which will help you with this

I have a solution to this problem I'm happy to share with you. Please reach out to me at george@bekmezian.com<mailto:george@bekmezian.com>.

Warning: I either dictated this to my device, or typed it with my thumbs. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.