Views
Helpful
Replies

Filter 2 or multiple site data in ISE Contextvisibility Endpoint Repor

Naive
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

A query in ISE ver3.1, In Context Visibility/Endpoints, I need to filter certain data.. The data will be displayed when I choose certain parameters in the advanced filter and input a value. However, how can I export that data if I need to search another site/Mac (or any parameters) data using the same filter?

For example if there are multiple mac addresses are showing, I need to filter data for both AA:AA:AB and BB:AA:CC Mac address in one go. how i can do it.. I believe there has to be a query involving some syntax.

Like fetch data for AA:AA:AB and BB:AA:CC

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

It would be possible if the Context Visibility search fields allowed regular expressions.

But even when you select an "Advanced" Search, they only support simple operations like Contains, Starts with, etc.

ArneBier_2-1706219013897.png

Below I try a simple regular expression to match any line beginning with 00 or FF - it finds nothing - but I have such MAC addresses in my Context Visibility

ArneBier_0-1706218780862.png

My solution is to export everything in Context Visibility to a .CSV, and then import in spreadsheet. For example, importing the file using Excel, the Data Filter function can perform some clever searches.

ArneBier_1-1706218916184.png

The Advanced Filter does allow you to add more than one search criterion. But the problem is that the logical operator is always and AND. What you need is an OR, so that you can have matches on AA:BB or CC:DD etc.  If you combine both in one search then it's AA:BB and CC:DD which makes no sense and can never be true because no single MAC address can begin with BOTH 00 AND FF !!

ArneBier_4-1706219287869.png

Or you can try this - instead of the "All" match, change to "Any" - that's probably the same as an OR

ArneBier_5-1706219433494.png

Thanks for giving insight on it.!! We want to avoid Excel manipulation.. and want data as per our requirement from ISE itself...This data is required on regular basis for numerous sites in our organization. We wish to save our time.

I don't know logic behind this advanced filter.. but I think it should be changed as per requirement.. 

The better way to do this on a repeatable and automated basis is via ISE’s ODBC interface. Not sure if you can pull endpoint data. Failing that, via REST API. API is the answer to all our feature requests