Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest flow for dual stack deployments

Devrat Kamath
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

I was curious what our position is with guest for dual stack environments.  Our redirects only work with ipv4 and sites like google, youtube, facebook etc who use IPv6 won't get redirected.  Do we support dual stack at the moment or is this in the pipeline for the future?

If we have support, it'd really help to look at design guides or recommendations on best practices.

-

Devrat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE currently only supports v4 for WebAuth. For v6, we need the network devices to support v6 redirects and ISE to support v6 portal, which is not in place currently. Please work with the ISE PM team for feature request.

Since redirects are primarily used for guest access, for dual stack environments you could force v4 either via DNS response or the network just for the guest network.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE currently only supports v4 for WebAuth. For v6, we need the network devices to support v6 redirects and ISE to support v6 portal, which is not in place currently. Please work with the ISE PM team for feature request.

Since redirects are primarily used for guest access, for dual stack environments you could force v4 either via DNS response or the network just for the guest network.

Thanks Hosuk! I figured as much but wanted to make sure.  I'll work with the customers accounts team to submit a feature request if they choose to pursue this.