cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I perform two factor authentication using radius nps .

raul saurez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am hoping someone can answer this for me. perform two factor authentication using radius nps with one being username/PW and the other being certificate authentication. Is this possible with NPS if so how would I implement it?

If Radius is not an option what would be the best options for those two authentication methods? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The two factors are setup on the ASA, not necessarily in NPS. For example I might require a certain certificate be in the machines store and then prompt for AD creds. Both of those are configured in AnyConnect/Auth

I found this guide to be helpful-

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2227087/cisco-subnet/how-to-guide--cisco-asa-sslvpn-using-certificates-for-2-factor-auth.html

I recently did this for a client so email me and I should be able to answer any of your questions.

Hello Collin,

This is for wireless users. Would this solution still apply?

No since the article focuses on the ASA. You may want to head over to the wireless section of the forums. I know they do a lot of two-factor and are more proficient than I am at that.