cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do i change shared secret on WLC? Do i need to do it in ISE too? Where do I do that?

btraister
Level 1
Level 1

ise broke a couple weeks ago...it was restored from tape last monday.  We are seeing errors on ISE that our logins to some network gear is showing up corrupted or a possible shared secret problem...so my boss wants me to change the shared secret on the WLC, ISE and the NPS server here.  How do I do that with ISE?

Blake

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In case ISE is using NPS as a RADIUS token server, then see RADIUS Token ID Source > Shared Secret

In case ISE proxying to NPS, then see Configure External RADIUS server

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_01000.html#task_5A6DE8F287AF43AB964DC5C10DAAC86F

under RADIUS settings

So now I was able to change the shared secret at the ISE server, our NPS server and the WLC.  We are starting to get Radius errors on ISE from the WLC complaining about shared secret issues....I made a shared secret and copied the same one to each device....

Please share the exact error. Also, try a simple password between the WLC and ISE to make sure there’s not something weird happening with special characters. You may consider opening a support case as well.

In case ISE is using NPS as a RADIUS token server, then see RADIUS Token ID Source > Shared Secret

In case ISE proxying to NPS, then see Configure External RADIUS server