cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 HTTP NOT WORKING

NETAD
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys, I downloaded ISE 2.2.0.470 eval ova off the cisco site and I imported into vmware workstation. I'm able to ping the VM but not able to load it in HTTP or HTTPs. Any trick to get this working? 

Thanks 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VWware workstation is not a supported virtualization platform for ISE 2.0, only ESXi 5.5 and 6.0.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide20/Installing_ISE_on_a_VMware_Virtual_Machine.html

That aside, some people have gotten it to work.

Can you ssh to it? If so, please share the output of "show application status ise"

View solution in original post

Hi Sleiman

As shown in your screenshot, the "Application Server" service is not running. It is a mandatory service to access to the GUI. Try to restart the ISE VM.

In some situations with ISE installed on VMware workstation, the ISE services take several minutes before starting.

So restart the VM and wait for several minutes before trying to access to the GUI.

Best regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VWware workstation is not a supported virtualization platform for ISE 2.0, only ESXi 5.5 and 6.0.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide20/Installing_ISE_on_a_VMware_Virtual_Machine.html

That aside, some people have gotten it to work.

Can you ssh to it? If so, please share the output of "show application status ise"

I attached the output for you. 

Hi Sleiman

As shown in your screenshot, the "Application Server" service is not running. It is a mandatory service to access to the GUI. Try to restart the ISE VM.

In some situations with ISE installed on VMware workstation, the ISE services take several minutes before starting.

So restart the VM and wait for several minutes before trying to access to the GUI.

Best regards

So I finally got it to work. This is what I did from exec mode #application stop ise then application start ise and Alll the processes are running now. Thanks to both of you