cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 RADIUS Live Log Display Issue

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I think I have another bug/issue in ISE 2.1.  I don't have time to open up TAC cases on these display issues so I hope you don't mind me continuing to give feedback via the Communities forum.

The Live Logs are not displaying the Network Device for repeated authentication records.  The first screen shots shows two records for repeat 802.1x authentications.  The switch port field is filled in but not the network device name.

Capture.JPG

If you hit details on the record the network device name is there:

Capture.JPG

So the Live Log looks to be not extracting this field into the display properly.  This is annoying when you are doing switch based filtering in the Live Log and you miss all the repeat authentications.

I am running Patch 1.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not believe there is a way to do it, other than using another column, such as authentication or authorization policy.

CSCuv04186 was an existing internal enhancement request on this area.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is expected behavior. Those blue lines are sessions and ISE M&T session directory has NAD IP addresses but not NAD names whereas M&T live log itself has NAD names but not NAD IP addresses.

When I hit details the information is there so is there a way to present that in the live log?  I don’t see any way to add a device IP column in the Live Log display.

Paul Haferman

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not believe there is a way to do it, other than using another column, such as authentication or authorization policy.

CSCuv04186 was an existing internal enhancement request on this area.