cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2.470 - Password Reset Portal

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a portal , where local user accounts on the ISE can change their passwords, but its a bit of a nightmare!

We have local users, that can view local devices, I have configured a Guest Portal, but when I click test url, I get page not displayed?  Authnetication method is "local_Accounts" anyone help please?

5 Replies 5

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone guide me at all?

Let me do a quick check and get back to you.

Fixed the page cannot be displayed, was a browser bug, but the Portal I need is not clear, Guest? Sponser? BYOD? i can see the portal and when I log in and click"change password" it just says "you now have access to the network" ?

Hi James,

In the past I've created a new MyDevices portal and used this for a dedicated Password Portal. If you define an FQDN eg passwordportal.domain.com, register this in DNS when you connect to https://passwordportal.domain.com it will redirect to the correct url. You'll need to tweak the Portal to tick the box to enable changing of passwords. The downside to this Portal is you cannot remove the MyDevices specific configuration.

HTH

Im on ISE 2.3, there is no mydevice portal anymore from what I can see.

I did create the portal, and enabled the "change password" option, but when you click it, it just says "you now have access to the internal network"

Why does DNS matter?