cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Patch 9- Backup via GUI stuck

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

Initiated a configuration backup through the GUI, and it never started.  Says it is in progress, but will not start.  I have tried stopping it, but it will not stop.  Will it cause any issues in this current state until I can get TAC involved?  All services are up and running at the moment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @awatson20 ,

If the 'application configure ise' method didn't work, rebooting the node will be the next step. It will most probably clear the stuck backup job. If you absolutely cannot reboot, TAC might be able to kill the process from root.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Your ISE operation should not be impacted due to a hung bakcup process. I think this is quite a common occurence that Cisco put in a kill switch for us ... 

application configure ise

from the menu choose

[24]Force Backup Cancellation

Then try your backup again via the GUI

When I attempted that, it said "No stuck backup found. Exiting." In the
GUI, it still shows the backup hung though. I am wondering if I should try
restarting the node?

Hi @awatson20 ,

If the 'application configure ise' method didn't work, rebooting the node will be the next step. It will most probably clear the stuck backup job. If you absolutely cannot reboot, TAC might be able to kill the process from root.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

Thanks. A reboot did resolve it, and I was able to run the backup from the
GUI successfully after.

I also found that manually starting a backup from CLI works in that case, without rebooting the node, which clears the GUI issue when the manual backup finishes.

Thanks.