cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 still shipping with ISE 2.2 code packages ??

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

I thought that a fresh installation of ISE 2.4 would give me all the latest stuff I need for a BYOD deployment. 

Is there a reason why ISE 2.4 still uses code from ISE 2.2 era, despite the fact that there is newer code available (from ISE 2.3 code base) ?  The CCO download page says that the latest code is available under 2.2, but it's clearly out of date and wrong - it's under 2.3 download section.

Is there a good technical reason for me to rather use the older 2.2 Wizards, or should I be using the 2.3 Wizards?

BYOD wizards.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arne, you should use latest version of the wizard. ISE 2.4 comes with 2.2.1.43 (macOS) & 2.2.1.53 (Windows). Is it possible the setup is an upgrade not a new install?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Arne, you should use latest version of the wizard. ISE 2.4 comes with 2.2.1.43 (macOS) & 2.2.1.53 (Windows). Is it possible the setup is an upgrade not a new install?

Oh right. Yes it was a fresh 2.4 install and then restored a config backip. The original config must have been from 2.2 - thanks for pointing that out. :-)

Ok that’s something to watch out for.  I did not consider code to be considered in a config backup???

the sooner we get a working Policy Set config export / import as was originally planned for ISE 2.4, I will ditch that config backup. It drags too much technical debt (not to mention, log files for no reason) with it. We need a cleaner way to upgrade and rebuild nodes.