Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE admin login through AD after upgrading to 2.2

aous.salloum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

we have upgraded ISE from 1.4 to 2.2 after which some Admins are not able to login to ISE GUI 

getting the following errors 

- Authentication failed You are required to change your password in external identity source

some other users users are getting 

Authentication failed due to zero RBAC Groups

eventhough the priviliegaes are the same as with other users that are able to login 

any thoughts ?

thanks

Aous

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

There is an RBAC issue on 2.2 and the 1.4 configuration for admin access is NOT passed into 2.2 transparently (I made EXACT the same upgrade and got the same issue and more). Second, you CANNOT customize your own admin access profiles, based on the bug you can only work with the existing and default ones on 2.2 Let me provide you some screenshots with what I had to do.

BTW, I STRONGLY recommend you to use 2.3 instead of 2.2.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

There is an RBAC issue on 2.2 and the 1.4 configuration for admin access is NOT passed into 2.2 transparently (I made EXACT the same upgrade and got the same issue and more). Second, you CANNOT customize your own admin access profiles, based on the bug you can only work with the existing and default ones on 2.2 Let me provide you some screenshots with what I had to do.

BTW, I STRONGLY recommend you to use 2.3 instead of 2.2.

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Next the picture sequence. There are new concepts on 2.2 that were not present on 1.4

admin access 1.png

admin access 2.png

admin access 3.png

admin access 4.png

admin access 5.png