cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Alarm : Critical : Profiler SNMP Request Failure : Server

Clark Willms
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so this alarm is coming in repeatedly and is now on my projects list.  I get email alerts from the server that list thr NAD IP as the endpoint device and the Endpoint IP address is correct.  I've checked the settings and the endpoint is not listed as a NAD in ISE (ver 1.2).

Profiler SNMP Request Failure

Details :

Profiler SNMP Request Failure : Server=xxx-xxx-xxx; NAD Address=10.253.124.194; Endpoint IP Address=10.253.124.194

Description :

SNMP request times out, or SNMP community/user auth data is incorrect.

Suggested Actions :

Please ensure if SNMP is running on the NAD and verify that SNMP configuration on ISE matches on NAD

*** This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Has anyone seen this come in before?

PS - Why is the IOS for ISE so cut down?  Looks like something you would get from an Apple product.

Thanks,

Clark

19 Replies 19

Hi, I am also on ISE 2.7, did you find the resolution for this? Thanks

Hi all!

I also have the same behavior for only one catalyst9300 in our environment. SNMP settings are correct both on ISE and the device and the device is also correctly monitored by a bunch of other monitoring tools! I am running ISE 3.2!!!!

jaydoer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have the same behaviour in our ISE 3.2

Profiler SNMP Request Failure : Server= xxxxxxxxxx ; NAD Address=10.24.1.3; Error Message=Request timed out.

We have deployed distributed PSN's globally,

the SNMP profiler scan tries to run from the PSN's to other region NAD's - for example the UK PSN profiles the Melbourne NAD's which is not needed as there is a Melbourne PSN deployed.

Is this is because of the NMAP scan? 

Thanks

Resurrecting a 2-year old + thread that has an accepted solution limits the number of people that will take a look at it. The best thing to do is to start a new thread.

Thanks Charlie, Yes its an old thread

Just fyki - I worked with the TAC and got to know this below for the ISE - Azure Intune MDZ alerts -

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwh51297

Thanks