cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Alarm Emails for New Features (stopping the emails)

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I thought we already had a thread on this, but I can't find it.  I apologize if this has already been answered.

It seems like as new features are added to ISE the alarm settings screen doesn't always get updated with the alarms generated for those features.  For example, I am working on ISE 2.2 patch 2 and ISE is getting constant emails for:

Smart License Authorization Renewal Success

WiFi Setup Helper Service (process down)

We don't care about either of these, but neither one of these show up on the Alarm Settings screen for me to disable.  Is there a way to disable these in ISE or do I just tell the customer to write email filters to dump these emails?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your ISE upgraded? Could you share a copy of your CFG backup (preferably, before before upgrade) with me, if your lab setup? Please engage TAC if a customer or production setup.

Actually, both of them are alarms and I found them in my ISE 2.3 setup.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first one is probably not an alarm at all but a separate notification specific for smart license. We might need an enhancement to disable its notification.

The 2nd one is part of process down alarm. If you like, you may disable this alarm, but it will not be specific to WiFi Setup.

I knew the 2nd was process down, but I don’t even see process alarm in the Alarm settings page to disable. Am I missing it?

Paul Haferman

Office- 920.996.3011

Cell- 920.284.9250

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your ISE upgraded? Could you share a copy of your CFG backup (preferably, before before upgrade) with me, if your lab setup? Please engage TAC if a customer or production setup.

Actually, both of them are alarms and I found them in my ISE 2.3 setup.

My customer running 2.2 p3 and my lab running 2.2 p2 both don't show these alarms.  I don't think it is anything with the config.  It is just ISE 2.2.  Good to know they are there in 2.3.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see them in ISE 2.1, as well. So, yours seem related to upgrade.

I only fresh build. I haven't done an ISE upgrade in years. My lab is fresh build 2.2 and so is the client. Can you send screen shot of them? Maybe I am missing them in the list.

Sent from my iPhone

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restoring a CFG backup taken from a prior release is also considered as upgrade. My ISE 2.2 FCS standalone have them, as well. FYI

If this helps anyone ... I have the same issue since ISE 2.2 p2 with the constant WiFi Setup alarms (TAC case 682843138 - ISE constant alarm of 'Wifi Setup Helper Web Server not running') and the TAC raised CSCvf65306

TAC advised to enable and then disable the WiFi setup thingy - that only shuts the alarms for ca. 3 days.  Then they come back again.  I would like an option to remove that feature entirely and rather offer it to those who want to play in the lab.  Cisco even advises that this should not be used for production.  Causes more hassles than it's worth.

There is a 2.2 patch 3 ?

Hi Arne:-

You are correct that ISE 2.2 Patch 3 is not out yet. Unless Paul somehow got an engineering build, it's likely a typo.

Paul is not seeing the alarm settings for these two alarm categories so unable to disable them. If yours also like that, please mention it to TAC owner for your SR 682843138, and see whether TAC able to recreate it with your CFG backup.

Your TAC has been escalated to ISE ESC team. Please continue working with TAC and ESC.

Thanks.