cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Authz for AC 4.7 UDID

VVVENKAT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With AnyConnect 4.7 sending UDID to ISE, one of my customer would like to use the same in AuthZ condition and check against SQL db before granting complete access. The UDID is sent as "PhoneID" by AnyConnect. Just wanted to confirm if I can create a custom user attribute with internal name as PhoneID and write an AuthZ to check the value against SQL db.

Many Thanks

V.Venkata Manikandan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don’t think this is possible but will check with the SME

View solution in original post

UDID is not exposed via API. 

Also, regarding your initial query , as Jason mentioned, you cannot use the UDID attribute in Authz profile today.

The use use case we support today is with Posture condition wherein we can manually add the UDID to AD attribute and use it to get compliance information from AD. 

Thanks,

Nidhi 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don’t think this is possible but will check with the SME

Thanks Jason. Will wait for the response.

Many Thanks

V.Venkata Manikandan

Hi Jason,

Also, is this PhoneID exposed via ISE API or PxGrid Session Object?

Many Thanks

V.Venkata Manikandan

UDID is not exposed via API. 

Also, regarding your initial query , as Jason mentioned, you cannot use the UDID attribute in Authz profile today.

The use use case we support today is with Posture condition wherein we can manually add the UDID to AD attribute and use it to get compliance information from AD. 

Thanks,

Nidhi 

toyip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nidhi,

Got a customer looking to use the UDID in the posture condition. Do you have a working example of how this is done as you stated above?

Hi @toyip ,

I haven't tried the following yet, but it's worth a shot ...

AD

. insert the UDID in the description field (fo ex.:) of an user.

ISE

. Administration > Identity Management > External Identity Sources > Active Directory > select your AD, at Attributes tab, select an attribute from AD (for ex.: description)

. Policy > Policy Sets > select you policy > Authorization Policy:

- Condition

Cisco.cisco-av-pair CONTAINS <your AD>.description

Note: in this case the Cisco.cisco-av-pair has the UDID of the user.

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for your reply. I thought the UDID was part of a posture condition as suggested by the other folks in this thread. But your suggestion says otherwise (no posturing involved). I've been looking at the posture conditions in a lab, but not seeing how you can use the UDID in it. 

To clarify, the UDID has to be added in AD itself, then ISE picks it up as an AD attribute. Is that correct?

Hi @toyip ,

that's correct. UDID has to be added in AD itself.

Note: just like adding a IP Telephone Number on the AD (for example: using the ipPhone attribute)

Regards.