cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Device Import

exd42062
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble importing devices from ACS 5.x.   I exported from ACS to a CSV and when I try to import I get the follwojg message:  Header Name:String(32):Required is missing.  The CSV was autogenerated by ACS and it does have that field listed in row 1 under columns A, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.   Any help is greatly appreciated.  

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Are you using the migration tool from ACS to ISE ?
If not, before importing, have you exported the ISE template and copy/paste the values into the right csv format?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francisco. I used the export function on ACS and the import function on ISE. Both function reside on the Network Devices pages of the respective systems. It appears these functions were intended for exactly what I used them for as the export function on ACS gave me a choice to export only devices or some combination of 2 other types. I chose devices only and it exported to a CSV. Have you used these functions before and done a successful migration of devices from ACS to ISE?

Eric

Hi,

Yeah I've done quite a bit of ACS migration to ISE and everytime there is something different :-).

Have you used ISE template to import your devices?
Can you send me your csv ? (remove confidential data).

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question