cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest API usage for Billing System

Moses Hernandez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer who is using a Payment Gateway for Internet connectivity. They would like to use the Guest API if it is possible to automate the movement of a guest user. I'm not even sure if the Guest API is the appropriate API or if Guest is even the right Portal that they would need to use.

Here is the proposed flow:

User gets on the wireless and CWA moves the user to a customer CWA URL which in this case would be the billing and system.

User pays for X amount of Access and Traffic speeds. (Which is all handled by the current system).

At this point the system needs to tell ISE that the user is good to go and has whatever Auth Policy.

Currently the speeds and throughput are controlled by a third party firewall so that may not be required for ISE, all that may be required in this phase is get to the user to have a good CoA condition based on a trigger by the third party. It would appear after talking to a few folks in the BU that the PxGrid approach may not be the right approach.

Looking at the forums I have found these links:

Guest API Tips and Tricks:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-71891#jive_content_id_Creating_user_without_username_and_password

Guest API and ERS:

Cisco ISE ERS Guest API Changng Mandatory Fields

My understanding was that ERS was deprecated and I'm not sure if creating a blank username or even a predefined username and password and automating that flow is the right one either.

We could ask Advanced Services to use something custom to the database but wanted an opinion first.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The APIs haven’t been deprecated, however their information is on box as you saw there in the tips and tricks

What you’re saying might be possibly but there are too many variables and more deep discussion with advanced services for a POC would be in order.

Possibly diagram and flow. Would need further discussion via a phone call as well

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The APIs haven’t been deprecated, however their information is on box as you saw there in the tips and tricks

What you’re saying might be possibly but there are too many variables and more deep discussion with advanced services for a POC would be in order.

Possibly diagram and flow. Would need further discussion via a phone call as well