cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Licenses- able to upgrade?

ashvaras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A customer of mine has on premises the Cisco ISE implementation. The implementation is appliance-based with the old licensing model: base and advanced licenses.

The needs of customer is the upgrade of the advanced licences for 3 years.

My questions are:

1) can I offer to my customer the Plus and the Apex license?

2) If yes, what are the activities that have to be performed for activation or is a simple upgrade of licenses?

3) If not, I should offer the advanced license: Do you confirm that the subscription are valued for three years?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will assume you mean that the customer needs to renew their Advanced License. To use the Plus and Apex Licenses, their ISE deployment MUST be v1.2 Patch 8 or higher.

If this is the case, then , yes, they can purchase Plus and Apex Licenses and just apply them to his ISE Deployment as they did the Advanced License.

There is no actual 'renewal' process, per se.  Once the subscription period expires, those licenses are repurchased.  Even if you go through the License Renewals team, you are just repurchasing licenses and the subscription term starts from that purchase.

This isn't to say that this model won't change in the future, that's just how it is now.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will assume you mean that the customer needs to renew their Advanced License. To use the Plus and Apex Licenses, their ISE deployment MUST be v1.2 Patch 8 or higher.

If this is the case, then , yes, they can purchase Plus and Apex Licenses and just apply them to his ISE Deployment as they did the Advanced License.

There is no actual 'renewal' process, per se.  Once the subscription period expires, those licenses are repurchased.  Even if you go through the License Renewals team, you are just repurchasing licenses and the subscription term starts from that purchase.

This isn't to say that this model won't change in the future, that's just how it is now.