Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Moving secondary to a new server

sean-boston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

Is there good documentation on moving/migrating a secondary node of an HA pair to a new server and IP address?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @sean-boston,

I never seen such document so far.

Be cautious if you want to re-use existing server as renaming is not supported. I also saw some missbehavior when changing the IP, as ISE creates dependencies in its database (e.g. logging server). Furthermore, I don't think it is officilly supported.

Simplest solution would be to install new server, with proper naming and addressing, install appropriate certificate and then integrate it with existing cluster with only PSN role assigned. Once there, you would proceed with AD integration (if any), and then remove roles from existing secondary server, assign them to newly created one and that is it basically. Last step would be to reconfigure your network devices to use new server, and to remove old one.

BR,

Milos

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @sean-boston,

I never seen such document so far.

Be cautious if you want to re-use existing server as renaming is not supported. I also saw some missbehavior when changing the IP, as ISE creates dependencies in its database (e.g. logging server). Furthermore, I don't think it is officilly supported.

Simplest solution would be to install new server, with proper naming and addressing, install appropriate certificate and then integrate it with existing cluster with only PSN role assigned. Once there, you would proceed with AD integration (if any), and then remove roles from existing secondary server, assign them to newly created one and that is it basically. Last step would be to reconfigure your network devices to use new server, and to remove old one.

BR,

Milos