Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE New Licensing

omadrile
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

Regarding the changes to the new licensing I'd like to get the following questions clarified:

- In the ISE 2.4 release notes, it's mentioned that "If you are currently using a Device Administration license and plan to upgrade to Release 2.4, TACACS+ features will be supported for 50 Device Administration nodes in Release 2.4" reference: Release Notes for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 2.4 - Cisco If a customer installs L-ISE-TACACS= after upgrading to ISE 2.4, will TACACS+ features be supported for 50 Device Administration nodes anyway?

- Similar situation to above but regarding Base licenses. If a customer installs permanent/legacy Base licenses after upgrading to ISE 2.4, will the system auto-convert them to subscription based anyway?

- When the system auto-converts permanent/legacy Base licenses to subscription at upgrade (I'm assuming upgrade to 2.4 following slides shared during the latest Security VT), will the new licenses be converted to 1Y, 3Y or 5Y subscription?

- Is the SKU L-ISE-BSE-PLIC used to quote existing permanent/legacy Base licenses using the new Band system instead of the Block sytem, or the SKU L-ISE-BSE-PLIC will be used to quote subscription Base licenses as well? If that's the case, when can we expect that the subscription options pricing (1Y, 3Y, 5Y) will be added in CCW?

Thanks,

Oriol

16 Replies 16

So basically i will need to get Licensing to convert the license to a -ND license (or how many of them they will convert one into) prior to upgrading to the future version 2.5? 

I don't really see the reason for the mess this will create for customers going to start with the "old" license now. 

Sorry for all these questions. :D

In post ISE 2.4 releases every PSN node providing the TACACS+ functionality will need to be individually licensed with the L-ISE-TACACS-ND= license. For any follow up questions, please also remember that it's possible to open a case with GVE / Partner Help https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/support-help/presales-helpline.html#~stickynav=2 ;-)