Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE pxGrid and Infoblox Use Case Validation

Keith Simmons
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE Team,

My Customer has  a use case that I want to validate as been possible with ISE pxGrid Integration with Infoblox.

Use Case:

Employees and Contractors connect to the same vlan and receives ip addresses from infoblox dhcp server but they want assign different DNS Servers via DHCP to contractors

Can someone validate that this is possible

Please Advise

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is not possible, Infoblox will populate the IPAM table, with username, IP address, MAC Address, Quarantine Status, NAS IP Address, NAS port, ISE Audit Session ID, ISE Account Session ID.  Infoblox will also quarantine the endpoint due to RPZ policy zone violations. Enclosed is the link to the Infoblox + pxGrid How-to: https://cisco-marketing.hosted.jivesoftware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/69178-102-1-128683/infoblox_pxGrid_08152ā€¦

Also the following VOD's are available: IPAM Table & pxGrid Contextual information: InfoBlox integration with ISE using pxGrid VOD: Update InfoBlox IPAM Table with ISE Session Information Infoblox & pxGrid Quarantine: InfoBlox Integration with ISE using pxGrid VOD: Rapid Threat Containment (RTC)

Please send me an email and we can discuss this further to see if this would be a possible use case in the future.

Thanks,

John

(jeppich@cisco.com)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems to be a request for infoblox capabilities, have you reached out to them? ISE simply shares contextual information with infoblox so that it can operate more efficiently.

jeppich is our SME, tagging him

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is not possible, Infoblox will populate the IPAM table, with username, IP address, MAC Address, Quarantine Status, NAS IP Address, NAS port, ISE Audit Session ID, ISE Account Session ID.  Infoblox will also quarantine the endpoint due to RPZ policy zone violations. Enclosed is the link to the Infoblox + pxGrid How-to: https://cisco-marketing.hosted.jivesoftware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/69178-102-1-128683/infoblox_pxGrid_08152ā€¦

Also the following VOD's are available: IPAM Table & pxGrid Contextual information: InfoBlox integration with ISE using pxGrid VOD: Update InfoBlox IPAM Table with ISE Session Information Infoblox & pxGrid Quarantine: InfoBlox Integration with ISE using pxGrid VOD: Rapid Threat Containment (RTC)

Please send me an email and we can discuss this further to see if this would be a possible use case in the future.

Thanks,

John

(jeppich@cisco.com)