cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE smart license with CSSM on-prem (v8-202006)

HOLGER ALIX
Level 1
Level 1

we use ISE 2.4 (and 2.6) with Smart license
According to the ISE Admin Guide the "Cisco Smart Software Manager satellite" with Smart Callhome is not supported. But there is an option "transport gateway" which is supported.
The newer CSSM satellites (version 8-202006) (now called CSSM on-prem) offer 2 different URLs a) "SmartCallhome" (for legacy products) and b) "smart transport
But I can't find any hint if this method "Smart Transport" can also make the "CSSM on-prem" usable for the ISE.

Has anyone tried or read this?

17 Replies 17

jan.murin
Level 1
Level 1

I have also found out that you have to permit ICMP if you have a firewall between ISE and SSM On-Prem server. You will get an error message IP/Host is not reachable if you don't permit it. ISE is testing the connectivity before registration. It's a shame that it's not included in the guide.

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I installed a new ISE with 3.1 patch 1 and tried to get the SSM On-Prem running.
First issue was the certificate of the SSM server. I think it is needed to add the complete chain of this certificate as trusted in the ISE. Only adding the server certificate was not successful for me.

After that I still got the "connection error" message from ISE, but some minutes later it seems the registration was successful. ISE got the license entry for the essential license.

But the TACACS license is missing. Still the eval license for TACACS is shown. Does anybody know what to do to get also this license running?

Thanks!

jean.lily54
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

FYI, If you have configured an HTTP proxy in Administration -> System -> Settings -> Proxy, do not forget to add your SSM On-Prem server FQDN or internal domains in the Bypass exceptions list.

Regards,