Views
Helpful
Replies

Logs backup from old cluster to new cluster

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Experts,
We are in the midst of migrating from ISE 2.2 to ISE 2.7.
So, basically we are creating a new cluster of version 2.7, since the appliances running 2.2 are no longer supporting any further upgrade.

The query is that, how do I get all my historical logs from the old cluster to the new cluster?
Can just backup operational data from cluster 2.2 and restore it on cluster 2.7?
Will doing this wipe out the existing logs from the new 2.7 cluster or just append it?

The other option that I have thought of is by keeping one appliance running as standalone with the historical data... At the moment this node is seconday MnT in the cluster, how do I verify if the this MnT has all the data when it becomes a standalone post migrating all the nodes from old cluster...?

Any inputs highly appreciated...

2 Replies 2

Hi @dgaikwad 

please try to:

1. backup the ISE 2.2
2. install a "new" ISE 2.2 (from scratch) on the new appliance and restore the backup
3. upgrade the "new" ISE 2.2 to ISE 2.7

Hope this helps !!!

We are already way past this point... All the nodes with the new cluster are up and running...
So basically we are keeping one of the older nodes as a standalone with older logs in case if they are needed in the future for compliance purpose...