cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multihomed Cisco ISE

kimmo.varis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a lab where I have a virtual Cisco ISE 2.1 and when I set it up I configure Gig 0 for administration and radius authentication for the MGMT net 10.66.x.x, and when I want to use External AD authentication from the Same ISE I need it to have an interface on our server vlan since we do not want oob mgmt vlan to have any connection to server vlan. 

Easy ? might be, but when I move one of the virtual NICs to server vlan , and try to configure an IP on the Gig 1-3 interface on the ISE the device wont take the configuration at all. it says it applies it but when you do a show running-config after the interface configuration is still as it was before, only ipv6 enabled and on autconfig, no ipv4 config at all... Im starting to think this is some Alfa code feature that is still there, or is there some crucial step I have missed like do I need to turn some services of before configuring an interface ip ?

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kimmo-

I just tested this in my lab where I also run ISE 2.1 virtual and I was able to config IP on secondary interface without a problem:

sh run
Generating configuration...
!
interface GigabitEthernet 0
ip address 192.168.x.x 255.255.255.0
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable
!
interface GigabitEthernet 1
ip address 192.168.x.x 255.255.255.0
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable

Have you reloaded the appliance since making the changes in Vmware?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi, yes several times, I have now even discarded the lab and made a new with only server vlan interface in use. when I see that works and not hugs 90% CPU as it does now. ( gave it 12 Gigs instead of 4 ...) I will try to add the the IP again on Gi0/3 or 4.

But so far what I have seen it realy looks like some odd bug. might be depending on vmware version or something... will investigate more on monday.

I would definitely only give it 4 and not 12 :)

Also, one thing I forgot to mention is that I am running the latest patch (2) for version 2.1

Thank you for rating helpful posts!