Views
Helpful
Replies

PC Desktop Seems Disconnected from 802.1x while Idle too long

Arie --
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed Cisco ISE v3.2 for wired 802.1x.

I'm facing an issue when the PC is in machine state (user sign-out) and idle too long (e.g. from night till morning), the PC seems like disconnected from network. It can't be pinged and there is no live log/live session in Cisco ISE. But in the switch, the session is authenticated and connected. When user sign-in again, it can connects to network and be pinged. The PC is never sleep and no sleep or hibernate.

I suspect the LAN Card but some other PC is working fine.

Is there anyone has same experience?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I suspect the LAN Card but some other PC is working fine.

if some other PC working in the same environment, i will compare the config and if required i will update the Ethernet drivers and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yeah, I also want to do same thing. The client only said that the config will be same because it comes from same image. Also the Ethernet drivers are same version.

Thanks

Amar_Tufo
Level 1
Level 1

what are the configurations for the WiredAutoConfig service on the problematic workstation? it should be set as running and startup as automatic.

It's already set to running and startup automatic

Besides, the PC is never shutdown or sleep or hibernate

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to provide a lot more troubleshooting details since we don't even know if this is Windows, macOS or Linux, what the endpoint supplicant configuration is, your switch configuration, etc.

See How to Ask The Community for Help 

Hi,

Yes, meanwhile I also open ticket to TAC to help for troubleshooting.

The PC is Windows, but still need to collect details like version and others.

Thanks