cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Profiling result?

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

Hey guys, hopefully a simple question. How do you find out 'why' a device has been profiled in ISE?

For example, a device is profiled as an Apple-iPhone - how? I'm looking for something which says something like 'meets profiler policy x - rules y and z certainty factor = 40 (minimum certainty factor is 20)'

This can help with fine-tuning any devices if they are incorrectly profiled.

Thanks

DJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Unfortunately there is not a simple report to show what specifically were the tallied conditions which led to the decision, but often can be deduced to be one of a few conditions such as OUI, DHCP Class or PRL, NMAP, CDP/LLDP, User Agent.  Other attributes are available, but for a given endpoint, there is typically only subset of conditions that apply to it.

/Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Unfortunately there is not a simple report to show what specifically were the tallied conditions which led to the decision, but often can be deduced to be one of a few conditions such as OUI, DHCP Class or PRL, NMAP, CDP/LLDP, User Agent.  Other attributes are available, but for a given endpoint, there is typically only subset of conditions that apply to it.

/Craig

OK, this would be a useful feature I feel, but if its not there currently I may file an enhancement request.

Thanks

DJ