Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverting ISE Licensing Options

Nick3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Moved ISE to Smart Licensing and realized we hadn't migrated our Base licenses over. Can we simply revert back to the classic licensing module to document the license PAKs? Any caveats or concerns we need to consider when switching from Smart Licensing to Classic and back to Smart?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When you revert back from smart to legacy, you'll need to have the correct license file. I've done it 2 or 3 times and reverting back doesn't put back all licenses, you'll need to reinstall then so need to ask Cisco licensing team (or do it through your license portal) regenerate licenses. I would keep smart license and open a tac case to get those base licenses into your smart account if you can; if you have all info (S/O and smart account info), it should be very quick. You can also migrate them yourself from a legacy mode to a smart mode if you have access to them through your portal access.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

When you revert back from smart to legacy, you'll need to have the correct license file. I've done it 2 or 3 times and reverting back doesn't put back all licenses, you'll need to reinstall then so need to ask Cisco licensing team (or do it through your license portal) regenerate licenses. I would keep smart license and open a tac case to get those base licenses into your smart account if you can; if you have all info (S/O and smart account info), it should be very quick. You can also migrate them yourself from a legacy mode to a smart mode if you have access to them through your portal access.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question