Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP query failure alarms on ISE when enabling SNMP and NMAP profiling probe

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We are seeing lot of SNMP query failure logs on ISE when NMAP profiling probe is enabled along with SNMP profiling probe.

The PSNs are sending SNMP queries to endpoints instead of NADs.

On disabling the NMAP probes we are not seeing this alarm.

Is this a known bug ? We are running ISE 1.4 patch 6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, NMAP probe will scan the endpoints using SNMP strings defined in 'Administration > System > Settings> Profiling'. This is expected behavior.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, NMAP probe will scan the endpoints using SNMP strings defined in 'Administration > System > Settings> Profiling'. This is expected behavior.

I was just going to send a post out on this issue.  I know this is expected behavior, but it makes this Alarm all but useless and I typically just shut this alarm off.  But shutting this alarm down means I don't see when SNMP is failing to a NAD which is something I would want to know. 

I know this forum isn't for feature requests, but I know the BU monitors this community very well.  Splitting out an alarm for SNMP failing to a NAD vs. SNMP failing for profiling would be a nice feature.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The fix for CSCvb11462 is being planned for some upcoming patches and will add the switch name to the alarms to make it clearer.