cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 or 2.2?

leeramir@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, my customer has the following consideration for which they would like guidance:

I am running Cisco ISE ver 2.0 and I need to upgrade due to supportability of Microsoft Intune (MDM) in ver 2.1.  My question is should I upgrade to 2.1 or go to 2.2?  I haven’t gotten consistent answers back from other people outside of Cisco on a version recommendation.  Some say 2.1 patch 3 has issues and other love it.

We aren’t doing anything fancy today but we will be rolling out more functionality in the near future.

Today:

·         Wireless radius (EAP/TLS and PEAP)

Future:

·         Wireless radius (EAP/TLS and PEAP)

·         VPN with posture and profiling

·         Wired profiling (monitoring only to start with)

Can you get a ‘Cisco’ recommendation for me to consider along with a recommendation on the upgrade (inplace upgrade or build side by side and cut over)?

Thank you,

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

We don't have a recommended version.  That said, the guidance I usually give is to upgrade to the version that has the features you need.  Of course we would like to see everyone running the last version, but if the new features in 2.2 aren't required for the deployment, then go with 2.1 and the latest patch.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

We don't have a recommended version.  That said, the guidance I usually give is to upgrade to the version that has the features you need.  Of course we would like to see everyone running the last version, but if the new features in 2.2 aren't required for the deployment, then go with 2.1 and the latest patch.

Regards,

-Tim