Views
Helpful
Replies

VMware vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS) and ISE

cgarotta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear colleague,

I'd like to understand where can I find the documentation to configure ISE to work with VMware vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS).

Is VMware vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS) compliant to standard RFC like 3580 (IEEE 802.1X Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Usage Guidelines)?

Thanks

Cristian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Statements on compliance to RADIUS standards for VMware or any 3rd-party would need to come from the vendor.  For ISE configuration, follow standard ISE config guides.  You may need to create a new NAD profile for auto-detection of vendor-specific implementations for 802.1X, MAB, CoA, etc.

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Statements on compliance to RADIUS standards for VMware or any 3rd-party would need to come from the vendor.  For ISE configuration, follow standard ISE config guides.  You may need to create a new NAD profile for auto-detection of vendor-specific implementations for 802.1X, MAB, CoA, etc.

Craig

Cristian, just out of curiosity, in what respect is the VMWare vDS relevant to Radius ?

e.g.  I wasn't aware that vDS could play the role of the Authenticator in 802.1X or that vSphere utilises Radius at the networking layer