Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM EasyQoS Policy question

CoS-NetInfra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just getting APIC-EM 1.5 going to help us with a QoS re-deployment.  When I preview a generated policy (2960X access switch) for my test scope using the CVD defaults I do not get a voice ACL for classifying my Lync traffic.  There are ACLs for BROADCAST, MM_CONF, etc, but no voice.  When I look at the generated class-map there is no match statement either.  An excerpt from the generated CLI :

class-map match-any prm-APIC_QOS_IN#VOICE

class-map match-any prm-APIC_QOS_IN#BROADCAST

match access-group name prm-APIC_QOS_IN#BROADCAST__acl

I re-tried generating a policy after setting ms-lync* applications as favorites in the application registry, still no ACL.

Why am I not getting an ACL ?  I must be missing something.

Dave <  confused in Saskatoon

1 Reply 1

michael.taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dave,

MS-Lync traffic comprises the following port family: 53,80,443,3478,5353.  On Catalyst switches EasyQoS does not classify applications that include tcp:80, 8080 or 443 because they are used within a multitude of applications.  Here’s an extract from the design guide Chapter 8: Campus LAN Static QoS Design:

EasyQoS will also check to see if the Favorite application is identified by any other indicative TCP or UDP ports. If the ports by which the application is identified correspond to TCP destination ports 80, 443, or 8080, EasyQoS will again not implement ACEs for these ports. This is because many applications use the ports corresponding to HTTP (port 80 or 8080) and HTTPS (port 443). Hence, Layer 2-4 ACEs are not effective at identifying applications that use these ports.

I have the same problem with Office 365 and am looking to create custom url application despite the fact that they are unsupported on Catalyst Switches!  Long live nbar!

Hope that helps.