Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1010 ports not coming back on after reboot

taitas
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to this so please be kind

Setting up a Cisco 1010 Firepower device, unboxed it, got it up and running, havent' did any config yet, so its all the defaults I would say.  Needed to bring it to the office, once I turn it on, no port lights come on, and I've left it on for a day.

I have all 3 green lights on the top, with the middle one flashing.

need some help please

10 Replies 10

check the duplex and Speed in Device connect to FPR

MHM

taitas
Level 1
Level 1

wow thanks for the quick reply !   How would I check that?  I can only get to the console with Rommon 1 prompt?

MHM 

taitas
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Aref Alsouqi  I've re-imaged it, doing the same thing.  no lights on the 8 ports.  If I go to putty and type boot, it will boot and lights come on, then I do a reboot, lights off.  I'm missing something somewhere

You're welcome. It could be related to a wrong config-register value. From rommon try please to type the "confreg 0x1" and see if that fixes the issue.

If that command does not work, please try to issue the command "confreg" and hit enter, and hopefully that will fix it.

taitas
Level 1
Level 1

thank you !!!  that did it, back online now  

You're welcome. Out of interest, which one of the suggested solutions work? the "confreg 0x1" or "confreg" followed by hitting enter? please mark the correct answer to benefit the other readers.

confreg 0x1 worked for me