cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks2000, User tracking, only can see mac address, no ip address

david.xu
Level 1
Level 1

My Ciscoworks 2000 only can see the host on local network, but for the remote branch office, it only can discover the mac address of hosts, there is no host name and ip address showing on user tracking windows. I add the discovery seed for each remote network too in Ciscoworks, but not help.

Is there anybody know the reason or has similar problem as mine?

Thanks,

David

5 Replies 5

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

I have the same problem.

This is a bug, I believe CSCsa97156.

Andrea.

Looks it is similar as my problem. It says:

Add all subnets to the acquisition:

User Tracking -> Admin -> Acquisition -> Configure Subnet Acquisition -> Add all available subnet sources -> Apply

But where is this option?In my user tracking there is no admin option.

jaleach
Level 1
Level 1

I too have this problem of IP/hostnames not being resolved. I thought it might be a problem switch-side - Our 3750 stack doesn't seem to be mapping IPs to MACs either, and this is where LMS gets its information from.

I have 3750stack local, they are all able to resolve mac and ip address, only remote site switches cannot, include 3500, 2900.

f11886
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I´ve got the same problem. My Ciscoworks 2000 LMS2.2 was to be able to translate MAC to IP/hostname. Since Upgrade from LMS 2.2 to LMS2.5 there´s not possible. I was checked the seed device list and all admin settings but i ´ve got not a positive result.

Anybody help

Thanks

Adi