cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS 540 Solarwinds delayed up/down alerts

jhuffman
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone leverage Solarwinds for monitoring their network specifically with NCS 540's deployed? We are noticing that the tiggered alerts for interface up/downs on JUST the 540's are delayed by about 4-6 hours. We have Cisco 57c3's in the network and other boxes that the alerts come through immediately. Just wondering if anyone has ran across this by chance?

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not that we faced that issue, what is polling time ? is the device CPU ok ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

[cid:image001.png@01DA6990.70189FC0]

node status polling every 240 seconds

collect statistics every 10 minutes

the issue email alerts ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, the email alerting coming through. However, this does not happen with other Cisco NCS platforms. 

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@jhuffman 

Check if you have the latest MIBs and if you have some flapping for the SolarWinds subnet and the management of those devices.  I don't expect that an SNMP trap (for interfaces) will take more than 1 minute to be detected and forwarded to the SolarWinds to be processed and trigger the alarm. I'm assuming that your NMS is working under normal conditions.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Here is what is configured on the 540. 

snmp-server user SW LL v3 auth sha encrypted *redacted* priv aes 128 encrypted *redacted* IPv4 ACL_LL_ACCESS SystemOwner
snmp-server view LL_VIEW * included
snmp-server group LL v3 priv read LL_VIEW write LL_VIEW

snmp-server traps snmp linkup
snmp-server traps snmp linkdown

Hello,

which interfaces are you getting the alerts for ? As far as I recall, the 1G interfaces don't have an onboard link fault detect mechanism. Can you post the config of the interface(s) in question.