Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem about using wireshark in GNS3

morris0117
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, here's my problems:

1. (0109-0.png) I want to do a experiment using serial ports so I changed the "slot 1" of both R1 & R2 to NM-4T (slot 0 cannot be changed). But when I connect their Serial1/0 with the RJ45-like button on the left side, the line between them doesn't turn into a lightning shape. But I saw lightning in someone's YT video with older GNS3 version (although he used different button which I don't see in my GNS3). What's wrong?

2. Ignoring the previous issue, I configure their interface address, configure "line vty 0 4" with password on R2, turn on "Start capture" with wireshark, telnet R2 from R1 successfully. But the message on the wireshark looks strange as shown in my attachment ... There's nothing about telnet?

Good days!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may go here for this topic : https://www.gns3.com/community/discussions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank for reminding!

Hello,

there are no attachments ?