cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CX causing "Failed" ASA failover status

infrateam
Level 4
Level 4

I have a pair of active/standby ASA5515-X. 

I have ASA CX modules in both. 

The ASA CX modules have software bugs and do not perform. They frequently hang and crash. At the moment the ASA CX module in the Standby ASA has an issue which is causing the "show failover" output to report the Standby ASA is in a failed state. 

I want to shut both ASA CX down because we don't use them. I'm waiting for licenses and software to upgrade them to FirePower services.

In the meantime, how can I unload the ASA CX or simply shut them down without triggering the ASA Failover to be "failed"? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are running version 9.3.1 or above then you could use the below command to disable monitoring :

no monitor-interface { if_name | service-module }”

Or else you could disable module on both the devices with ' sw-module module cx shutdown'.   This would bring both the devices in same health status and bring devices out of failed state.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Akshay Rastogi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are running version 9.3.1 or above then you could use the below command to disable monitoring :

no monitor-interface { if_name | service-module }”

Or else you could disable module on both the devices with ' sw-module module cx shutdown'.   This would bring both the devices in same health status and bring devices out of failed state.

Regards,

Akshay Rastogi

infrateam
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the helpful info!

However, I needed to reboot my standby ASA for it to go "Secondary - Standby Ready" because it kept saying failed, even after following both of your points. 

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card