cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDO Dashboard does not show any site-to-site OR RA VPNs

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I migrated number of FTDs from on-prem FMC to cdFMC last week. The migration tasks were successfuly but not commit yet.

Certain FTDs are configured with Site-to-Site VPN and/or RA VPN. I can view the status and configuration within cdFMC but the CDO dashboard page shows nothing for the site-to-site VPN nor the RA VPN...

m1xed0s_0-1712166182564.png

Wondering if there is any configuration steps I need to do in order to populate VPN info in the dashboard of CDO? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Whether an FTD device is onboarded new into CDO or migrated from local management only into CDO is the same result. Those devices have a few visibility benefits (like the dashboards you inquired about) that cdFMC does not yet offer.

I was making the distinction of that management type as opposed to managed by cdFMC which is itself within CDO but doesn't currently have 1-1 feature parity.

It is a bit confusing and not well-documented by Cisco. I have provided this feedback to the product team in the past yet it remains...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not positive but I believe you may need to go into the cdFMC dashboard as opposed to the one in the top level CDO GUI.

https://docs.defenseorchestrator.com/cdfmc/index.html#!c_about_s2s_vpns_monitoring.html

Within the cdFMC, I can still monitor the VPN tunnels similiar to when it was in on-prem FMC. But what would be the purpose of the CDO dashboard VPN sections then? 

Those dashboards currently populate when devices are managed "directly" with CDO and not via the integrated cdFMC.

i.e., FTDs with FMC + CDO (no FMC, cd or otherwise) and ASAs.

I would expect the cdFMC managed VPNs will eventually get rolled up into those top level dashboards, but it's still a work in progress.

Okey, by "directly managed by CDO", do you mean the device is added manually into CDO instead of migrated into CDO? Or you mean FTD added/migrated into CDO but not managed by FMC? 

Whether an FTD device is onboarded new into CDO or migrated from local management only into CDO is the same result. Those devices have a few visibility benefits (like the dashboards you inquired about) that cdFMC does not yet offer.

I was making the distinction of that management type as opposed to managed by cdFMC which is itself within CDO but doesn't currently have 1-1 feature parity.

It is a bit confusing and not well-documented by Cisco. I have provided this feedback to the product team in the past yet it remains...

Thanks for the info!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card