Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD Migration from 4100 to 4245

Ashraf Kassem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have one customer and want to have a tech refresh migration to the hardware with some modification to the current design.

Current devices:

Two 2600 FMC in HA with version 7.2.5

Four standalone FTD 4100 version 7.2.5

New hardware

Two 4600 FMC in HA with version 7.4.5

Four Standalone FTD 4245 version 7.4.5

I have couple of questions related to this.

1. Anyone can tell me the backup and restore on FMC will work in my case as they are different model and will be different versions?

2. The customer wants in the new setup to use separate event-log interface on FMC and FTD because they have much event. so will have management interface and event interface. in this case does the event interface need to be in the same subnet of management interface on FTD and FMC

3.How will I tell the FTD to send the Logs to the FMC event interface and not sending it to management? how I will specify the event interface IP of the FMC on the FTD?

4. The FMC will be in HA, so does the event interface on both FMC (Active, standby) will have same IP or different IP? 

5.does the FTD will send the event-Logs to both FMC or it will send it to the Active and the active will sync the logs with the standby? 

6.If the FTD will send the Logs to both active and standby, how I will specify the IP for both the active and standby FMC on the FTD?

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card