Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment has failed FDM

Ionela.Onceru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing some problems when try to I deploy from FDM. Until couple days it worked well, but now everytime I receive this error " Deployment has failed. Deployment failed for an unknown reason. Please try deploying changes again. If the problem persists, reboot the device and try again. If you continue to have problems, contact Technical Support." .

Can you help me please? I have a presentation after two days, and now I ruined everything.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

What version are you running ?
can you tipe below comands and see if disk0 is mounted on read-only ?

> expert
$sudo su
# mount

Regards,
Zanga

NGFW version is 6.2.3. In the photo attached is the result of running the mount command.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I had a similar issue a couple of months back and the TAC ended up directing me to reimage the device (an ASA 5506).

Since I did that, everything has been working fine.

shurufade
Level 1
Level 1

Well, this whole FTD process is a uncomfortable.

Problems and suggestions 

1. upon issuing this command "configure manager add" it deletes the whole config 

Sug: FTD should still be accessible through https and not delete the config when added to FMC Similar to how Palo Alto is managed through panorama 

2. deploying a config takes ages to deploy unlike ASA which is quicker and simpler

Sug: this is bit quicker under FMC 

3. no fix for your above issue until now "Deployment has failed FDM" unless you reboot both FTDs

Sug : reboot or use lates hot fix 7.1xx -28

4. CLI is not as simple as ASA .. FlexiConfig is not as simple or rich as ASA Cli

Sug: simplify CLI config similar to ASA 

I think cisco developers need to fix/review their coding 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card