cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FDT 1010 Firmware update - Help

pablo.beraldi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear, good afternoon. I have an FDT HA model 1010. I have Firmware 6.4.0 and I must update to a new version. The question is should I update each one of the nodes or do I throw the firmware to the secondary and both are updated? Do you have any document to be able to move forward?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pablo, you can patch the FMC but its not required for FTD update as major version support. regarding FTD, patch 6.0.15. Hope this help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you looking latest one 7.2  you need to upgrade to 6.7 then next to 7

you need to upgrade FMC and FTD

read the release notes and caveats.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/release-notes/threat-defense/720/threat-defense-release-notes-72/upgrade.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The FDTs are in a Cluster, do I have to apply the update to both? Or do I upload it from the Update tab and when I install it, it already applies it to both nodes of the cluster?

Thanks

Looking rather quickly, the documentation I've come across Looks as though you apply it to one, it will then upgrade, and then automatically apply it to the other. So apply once, and it will upgrade both, one after the other, to ensure operations 

Screenshot is taken from here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/640/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-640/upgrade.html

000778.png

Configuration Guides

Asmat Sulaiman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you just have push the update to the cluster using fmc. fmc will update secondary first, rebooted, become active and  then primary get updated.  Make sure, fmc get updated prior to the ftds.

always get offsite backup and note the serial number and current version for rollback. 

pabloberaldi_0-1663179019019.png

Thanks . My last question is, I loaded the 6.4.0.15 image, now 6.0.14 and 6.0.15 appeared, which one do I use? On the other hand, I first install the Fisco Firepower mgmt Center patch, finish that , and then install Cisco FTD SSP FP1k? Thank you

Hi Pablo, you can patch the FMC but its not required for FTD update as major version support. regarding FTD, patch 6.0.15. Hope this help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card