cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

find license via serial number

jiripijacek
Level 1
Level 1

the seller at the bazaar can't tell me the license type, he can't. he claims that I can find out the license type myself using the serial number, is that true?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

you can do below device check : (you need CCO account)

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Many many people have posted threads expressing their disappointment that these low end past-end-of-life devices didn't have the licenses they wanted and then they don't have any way to purchase one anymore.

If you really want it then you have to find a seller who will allow you to boot up the device and check for yourself from console. Just because the online tool says a license may have been issued at one point that is no guarantee that it is actually installed on the device you buy.

If you just want an ASA to learn with you are better off using an ASAv which can run the latest software version. A lab license is free (limited to 100 kbps throughput) and can run on free ESXi server hypervisor.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not sure what bazaar is this ? if you have cisco acocunt the device registered, then you can find the details.

or you can login to device and find the information ?

what are you looking for ? validate what he said correct ? or you looking to validate your device ?

BB

jiripijacek
Level 1
Level 1

Seller at auction .I want to verify the license type. The seller says you can find out from the serial number which i will send you. The dealer is not an IT technician, so I have no way of verifying this. I want to know if the CISCO ASA5505 has a security plus license

you can do below device check : (you need CCO account)

BB

Many many people have posted threads expressing their disappointment that these low end past-end-of-life devices didn't have the licenses they wanted and then they don't have any way to purchase one anymore.

If you really want it then you have to find a seller who will allow you to boot up the device and check for yourself from console. Just because the online tool says a license may have been issued at one point that is no guarantee that it is actually installed on the device you buy.

If you just want an ASA to learn with you are better off using an ASAv which can run the latest software version. A lab license is free (limited to 100 kbps throughput) and can run on free ESXi server hypervisor.

eq-procurement
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

can you please help me with Smart account details and start date and date of DNA licenses for 

FOC2521L717

FOC2615YRH6

FOC2521L6HQ

FGL2719LMHH

FOC2615YQZ6

FOC2615YRCR

FOC2615YR08

FOC2615YR4F

FOC2615YRF4

FOC2615YQJK

FOC2615YQZ6

Check smart License portal that you have only access.

why not visit and check :

balajibandi_0-1714114674331.png

BB

I need to check serial number along with Smart account details 

link shared does not contains smart information

Smart account details can only be seen by a user who is registered with that account, their partner or Cisco support staff. You would have to log into your Smart account to see those details - nobody here can tell you the details of what is in your account.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card