Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 1010 no internet

Markflan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

got a new firepower 1010 and stuck at first hurdle setting it up .. at first boot I put in manually my Static IP, subnet and GW and it won’t connect out .. I’ve put these IPs into my laptop and works so I know my external line works .. but am I missing something silly ?  I’ve reset this 3 times now and still nothing ? Is there a simple rule or policy I need to edit or allow for my network to get out to the internet ? I’m struggling to find a setup manual or even idiots guide that relates even to my version of the FW ?
Please help and thanks in advance 

3 Replies 3

We would need more information about your setup to come with possible solutions.

• what software is the FTD device running (ASA or FTD)?
  • If FTD software, how is your FTD being managed (FDM or FMC)?
  • How have you cabled your FTD to the network? are you sending the mgmt interface through the FTD data interfaces?
  • Have you configured the FTD data interfaces or just the management interface?
  • are you able to ping the GW from the FTD? either "ping system a.b.c.d" or enter expert mode and ping from there.
--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally speaking you need at least an Access Control Policy rule to allow outbound traffic (default is to deny) and a dynamic NAT/PAT to translate your internal private addresses to the outside interface address.

Markflan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

thanks for all the advise and follow ups but it turned out that when i recived the latest version of software 7.2.5 from Cisco for the 1010 it immediately worked and then as I found out there was a bug in the version i had .. go figure  

thanks again 

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card