Views
Helpful
Replies

Firesight/FMC required ports to open to interface with all required devices

evan.chadwick1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can include a list of required ports that are required to be open throughout a network to ensure complete operation for the full suite of the Firepower/FMC capabilities.

I've noted the list on the table, Default Communication Ports for Firepower System Features and Operations , however its a little unclear of direction and to which function is being referred to. 

For eg, if the FMC is to be able to network discover what ports need to be open throughout the network with the source ip of the FMC?

The table refers to, tcp/8307 bi directional FMC TO  "communicate with a host input client'. 

Regards, 

Evan Chadwick

2 Replies 2

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Evan,

As per the direction if the table says outbound it is indicating connections that originate from Firesight/DC to internet , when it says inbound it is referring to traffic coming to DC with the specified destination port and bidirectional means the traffic can go both to and forth on that port from/to DC.

Let me know if you still have some questions.

Rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Ankita

Thanks,

does the words, communicate with a host input client, mean the SFR managed device ip address?

What ports are required to be open in order for full FMC functionality scanning to hosts behind firewalls?

Regards, 

Evan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card